Dentistry in general is here to help people preserve their teeth, maintain oral health, and keep them looking nice throughout their lives. Good news is that modern dentistry allows a person to have improved smile in pretty customized manner, and that too at any age. Whether you want to get your teeth whitened or you need porcelain veneers to change your dental appearance, modern dentistry is here to help.
The very first thing your dentist will do is running a dental exam prior to cosmetic dental treatment. This examination is run in order to ensure that it’s just the cosmetic treatment you need. It means that there might be a chance for the dental disease to be the main reason for cosmetic disorder of your teeth.
Different dental procedures
There is a wide range of services that modern dentistry has to offer in order to ensure that you have a healthy, functioning and good looking smile. The procedures may include:
- Cleaning and examinations in order to keep your teeth healthy
- Cosmetic bonding which generally helps in repairing small chips and cracks
- Crowns and bridgework to repair bigger chips and replace missing teeth
- Dental implant which serves as the best solution for tooth replacement
- Tooth extraction which is considered mainly when a tooth is impossible to save
- Fillings in order to repair the cavities
- Invisalign as an alternative to tradition braces in order to straighten the teeth
- Oral cancer screening
- Orthodontic treatment to shift tooth’s position in order to straighten the smile
- Porcelain veneers to change the looks of front teeth
- Removable to dentures to help you in getting the biting power back after losing all of the teeth
- Root canal treatment to treat and save the diseased teeth
- Teeth whitening to beautify the faded or discolored smile
Visiting the dentist
People usually think about visiting the dentist when they face any problem with their oral or dental health. This is the wrong approach. You need to be proactive about your oral and dental health. It means that you have to visit your dentist after every 6 months to make sure that you have the best of oral health. You wouldn’t want to be diagnosed with an oral cancer of last stage. This is exactly what can happen to anyone if he/she ignored to visit the dentist.
When you will visit the dentist, the dentist will run oral exams to check your teeth and gums. He/she will also do oral cancer screening in order to look for the signs which can lead to oral cancer.